Thursday, March 26, 2009

Getting to know you...

So...I want to start off by saying I am not an over achiever. I mean, I do a lot with my life, I have a Bachelors, I'm working on my Masters, I travel, read and scrapbook among other things. But generally I am quite lazy...I know you might say otherwise, but you'd be wrong. Any ways, the reason I do so much can bascially be organized under two reasons: sometimes I can't say no, and other times get confused. Well...I was at the book store and I had a, "can't say no" moment. I bought 3 books in the store and had just moments before ordered another from Amazon. Two of the books from the store were from the, The 39 Clues series which, if you like young adult stories, is awesome so far. Then I got this book called, The Kindly Ones and I don't know what was going through my mind because this book is 1000 pages, the print is super small and it's about a Nazi officer's life after the war...not the most fun or uplifting plot! Then I ordered the 5th and last book in the Percy Jackson series off Amazon which is another young adult book. AND on top of that I am reading a life story piece on a friend's mother. Well, I started the life story a couple of days ago and I'm about half way through it but when I got my new books I got all excited and so I started the 1000 page book; which was a mistake because it is very sad. After a few days I needed something fun so start my next book in the 39 Clues series, but I can't remember exactly where the book picks up so I got a little unmotivated with that book too. Here's my dilemma: I need to finish all these books before my Percy Jackson book comes out in the beginning of May. Can I do it? Ugh, I sure hope so!

Tomorrow I am breaking into the summer weather by laying out all afternoon. I had decided upon this Monday and when I went home I found out that my community pool is closed until Sunday! Ugh, so I'm heading over to my parent's house so I can still do what I wanted.

Okay so that last sentence is the inspiration for this last part. I am a brat. Maybe a few days ago if you had thrown that label on me I would have disagreed, but you know what? I'm a brat. I know what I want and I demand it. I wouldn't say I'm vindictive or mean or even pushy - it's just that when I know I want something (or don't want something), I pretty much need to have things go my way otherwise I get annoyed. I'm learning about different learning styles and I think the reason I am so determined and passionate about my likes and dislikes is because I am an Abstract/Sequential learner, so the way I process and carry thing out are abstract (based on how I feel) but very sequential (systematic).

One last note, figure out your learning style; figure out your love language, and figure out where you fit in your birth order. You have to live with yourself for your whole life - so get to know you!!

Kisses,

Ashley

No comments: