"The attack came in the early evening. The troops were just getting comfortable in their dinners, when we were HIT! We scattered as the strokes came down, sometimes killing two or three of us at a time. We tried to seek shelter, but we've never been keen on the concept. We would land here or there trying to confuse or disorient our attacker, but any attempt to distract her failed. We could not dissuade her, all was hopeless. The few of us who flew out of reach, soon unwittingly, drifted back and landed right in the attacker's path. Even as I write this she swings her fierce death stick with force and precision. We are no match for her anger towards our kind. My only solace is that I have escaped from her wrath. Things seem to have grown quiet. I can't hide forever. I must soon seek new refuge. But before I do, I should return to see what is left of my kin..." **SMACK!**
The final address of D. P. Tera from "The Mass Defeat: A Fly's Tale"
1 comment:
Hahahaha! I was so confused the first time I read it. Hilarious!
Post a Comment