Life
So my life hasn't changed all too much, but I did successfully complete my first MBA course. Yay, one down, 12 more to go...I'm attending with my friend Summer (who I met and remained friends with through my Bachelor program). In other news, my calling in church is going well. Lori (my only Mia Maid right now) successfully pulled off her fashion show - which was her Value Project - and I think all the girls had a blast! All the girls (except Esther) got their hair and make-up done by the leaders and most of them did all the categories. The categories included: School, Date Night, Sunday dress, Prom, and Wedding. Sis. Rogers (our YW President) wore her wedding dress, which was almost 30 years old and it still fit!...In fact it was a little loose! I like my calling mostly because Sis. Rogers is really glad I am in her presidency. She tells me how helpful I am and how grateful she is for me, and I really appreciate that and it makes me more determination to continue to be involved and committed to my calling. Ben got married so he wasn't around for Mother's Day (because he was on his honeymoon), but me, Amy, Jason, and dad wrote letters of appreciation to mom and read them out loud to her on Sunday. Dad basically listed qualities he most admired and appreciated and read them off, expounding on each one. Amy's was hand-written, but she too expounded on other things. Jason didn't write his down, but he pretty much thanked mom for being the person she is, because he can see of a lot of her in Amy and he was grateful for that. And I...well I wrote a long letter and was crying when I wrote it, but I couldn't even start reading it without tears running down my cheeks I love my mom. I am glad Amy thought of this as a Mother's Day idea, because it really gave me a chance to sit down and think about all the reasons I love my mom - and I think it is exactly what she needed too. Now she can (on her own time) read and re-read the letters and know she is loved.
Liberty
Give me liberty, or give me death!...I think this is what my goats yell at me, whenever I pass by my French doors, get out of my car, take out my trash, turn on a house light, go out to feed them, or make any movement/noise that they are aware of. :} I cannot tell you how many mornings I am awoken by these passionate calls for freedom - luckily the neighbors haven't complained yet...maybe they are worried about their own freedoms they are illegally borrowing, to be concerned about my obnoxious goats.
Pursuit of Happiness
My house is slowly coming together...no I still haven't fixed my window, and no...my plumbing hasn't been fixed either. But, dad did help me move my fridge and island around to give me more function in my kitchen. My home teacher has been so helpful with my yard! He came out and cut all the weeds down in the front and back. My goats (when I let them) also do a great job at eating my backyard weeds and I do a pretty good job at moving my chickens around so they continually work at my weeds. To be completely honest, I haven't really done much with my house because I do not make the time necessary to work on even the most simple projects (like making my chicken feeder). When I do do something though, it's a big deal! Like the most recent accomplishment, I swept my back patio! It has been really windy, and with all the hay my goats eat/have in their pen, the patio needed it badly. It definitely looks better - I can't wait for Memorial Day weekend because I'm planning to get a lot more stuff accomplished! I've already started my list...
Until next time!
Ashley
2 comments:
That's such a good idea for a mother's day gift! I didn't think you would be able to make it through without crying because I know I wouldn't be able to!
your home teacher is so nice! i'm so glad your neighbors are.. illegal? haha. you're funny. and i'm with you about projects - its a big deal when i do the simplest thing! like putting up wedding pictures. i was SO proud of myself. even if it took a year.
Post a Comment