Monday, January 5, 2009

Simple Moments

It's a new year and I've been thinking that life is lived in a glorified fish tank. Every year is like we have completed just another lap in the round tank of life and as of January 1, 2009 the world is taking another go at it. One day God is going to trip and drop the fish bowl in his hands and that will be that...but that's just the cynic in me.

What is with new years resolutions? Do we, as a society, have such a hard time writing our goals down that we have to make them all on the first of the year? Is it so we can have an easy reference point? I am standing up against new years resolutions in that, I will make goals as I see fit and I will write them down and pin them on my wall so I know when I made the goal. I will use my own time lines and I will keep track of my successes and failures. I will not set life goals on a whim just to meet the deadline of a calendar year. How's that for a 'non-new years resolution', resolution? :)


Because of my disgust with all the New Years Resolution drama, I was thinking about the space of time. The space of a year really isn't that long, but it's interesting to me that within that year, I may have simple moment which seem to last a life time. I was wondering why that was and I think it's because most of my more simple moments are remembered for a life time - my life time. I was thinking of forces in my life...you know...gravity...velocity...and then force of time came to me. Time is a powerful thing! Sure, I mean gravity or velocity are very powerful forces and they can do a lot of damage...but I think time can cause more damage than any object broke by gravity or velocity - in fact time can erode objects damaged by gravity or velocity to a state of elimination. But time also has the ability to heal and allow things to grow. Time is a unstoppable, renewable force moving at a slow and constant pace. And you know what? Time is big. Really big. The more I think about time, the more appreciative I am of my simple moments in life. My simple moments in life that really bring the larger space of time in my life together.

If I could pick a favorite sector of this all encompassing force...I would say moments in time would be my favorite.

I'm gonna try to capture more moments and scrap book them so I can share them and remember them more (this is another non-new years resolution!).

I do all my scrap booking on my computer - it's awesome! I get all my stuff from Erin Crockett who is sells Creative Memories scrap book stuff. If any one would like to look at or order digital scrap book software go to: http://www.mycmsite.com/sites/erincrockett

I will try to publish some of my digital scrap books on my blog! That would be fun!

Until next time!

Hugs and Kisses,

Ashley

2 comments:

Carrie said...

when you said you would pin your goals on your wall...i was picturing, literally, little scraps of paper pinned to your wall at home. but i just saw your wall of goals. haha. those are great goals. good luck!

Anonymous said...

Time is big. I totally agree with you! I love the simple moments too. It really is amazing how they can seam to last forever... :) I wish you the best with your non-New Year's resolution goals! ;)